Ok, I jumped back into the dating pool. Because of my busy schedule I thought I would try out Match.com. I don’t know if you have tried this online dating service but according to a recent statistic, “1 in every 8 marriages come from online dating”. If so many people are satisfied, why not give it a shot?
Like any social network, the first step was creating an online profile. Then I had to add my description of who I am as a person and what I am looking for in that special someone. As I began filling out the profile I was thinking, “Wow, this is just like selling houses online!” which led me to this list:
Here are the 10 Reasons Why Match.com is Just Like Selling Homes Online
- Homes with no photos will not sell unless the buyer is into foreclosed properties.
- A successful seller will always research the competing inventory before pricing their property.
- Homes with multiple photos sell 500% faster than those with one or few photos.
- You must be truthful in your advertising.
- If you can profile the buyer based on the property type, write your advertising accordingly.
- Homes that stay on the market too long can be seen as stale properties.
- If the photos have been photoshopped then the buyer will walk away and never return.
- It is always a good idea to have someone inspect the property to avoid hidden defects you might not have seen.
- Property appraisals are an opinion of value.
- Bake cookies for your open house.