Do it yourselfers must be determined and educated by trials and tribulations until the final product is finished. Time is not a favorable commodity for first time problem solver especially when one knows their highest and best use of their time. “For Sale by Owners” are a prime example. Most attempt to sell their home themselves to save money when the truth remains agents yield a higher net profit with listing. Lead agents that spend time trying to figure out too many details on technology is no different than by owners selling themselves. Why spend the time, money and energy to learn how to make technology work when you can hire someone to make technology work for you. Anyone can create a YouTube account, buy a digital video camera, and become a producer Self recorded video presentations have a low
Here are the key differences between self recorded presentations vs. professional videos:
1. Quality. The difference between Nordstrom’s and Macy’s is the quality of service, product, and appearance of the store.
2. Cost. Shopping at Nordstrom’s is more expensive than Macy’s. You pay for what you get. Costs of self production can run you the cost of a camera and computer. Professional videos use high powered computers, intense lighting, backdrops, and royalty free visual effects which drive costs up. Most production studios will charge up to $1500 per 1.5 minute video but the results will speak for themselves.
3. Nonverbal dialogue. Most wouldn’t consider themselves professional actors because they have never taken classes. Tone, inflection, speed, pitch, hand movements, and body positioning make up 84% of the communication that takes place. The investment of professional actors that can read scripts to the tee and control body movements are worth their weight in gold. Consider $150/hour to hire an actor instead of jeopardizing the communication and your image.
4. Branding. YouTube has a lot going on when you watch a single video. Every time a video finished then at the bottom it lists other videos that contain similar tags. There are links to other videos that may compete with the ones you spent time creating.
5. Tracking. How many people watching videos you have created is an important concept.
6. Hosting. Knowing that YouTube can host unlimited videos at no charge seems like a no brainer but again your videos will compete with others on the page.