Every email is a marketing piece. Thank you Saul Klein for that invaluable piece of information. Every time you send the initial email starting a conversation it is crucial to insert your contact information. Check your email signature to see what you are using right now. I said RIGHT NOW!
No matter what your email software you are using you can still create multiple email signatures and use each one when appropriate for the recipient, group representing, or the purpose of the message.
Here are some examples of different email signatures to use:
- Professional email signature long. This puppy should have the most information about you and the company you represent. There should be a series of hyperlinks that direct traffic to your website, other pages in your website, blog, podcast, email to text messaging, and social media sites.
- Professional email signature short. This signature should include your basic contact information including name, company, address, fax, email and website. No more.
- Professional email signature bio. Sometimes people will ask you for information about the type of services that you offer. Add this information as a email signature and use when appropriate.
- Signature representing organization. Some of us may be involved with organizations outside our main business. If you serve as a committee chair, board of directors, or just another member of a non for profit, create a separate email signature along with your relationship for this group. It will help market that organization and let people know that you represent more than just your own wallet.
- Personal email signature. Friends and family may need your home phone number, address, personal blog, or photo sharing websites. Include an extra for your own personal life. People will appreciate you not thinking business all the time.
Here is an example of my professional long email signature:
Check one please: I will get back to you  No need  Please follow up 
“Connecting REALTORS With Technology”
Doug Devitre e-PRO, ABR, GRI, CRS
Devitre Holdings, LLC.
<!–[if gte vml 1]> <![endif]–><!–[if !vml]–><!–[endif]–>
123 Main Street
St. Louis, MO 63119
Join my network on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dougdevitre
Be my friend on FaceBook: 628201438
Subscribe to my TV Station http://www.youtube.com/user/MoveWithDoug
Be my friend on MySpace: dougdevitre