Thanksgiving is not only a great time for me to be with my family, eat some big meals, and relax… but it also a time for me to reminisce and give thanks to the people that have positively impacted my life in 2008. These are family members, friends, co-workers, clients, acquaintances, and others who just took some time out of their life to help me. I started to create a list of 100+ people and then realized it was like making a wedding invitation list (even thought I have never been married).
More names kept popping up and I feared that I would leave someone off the list. Instead I thought it would be better to write a list of the actions that people did for instead of naming names.
These people helped me by:
1. Saving me from myself by correcting my presentation. I would have failed miserably if they wouldn’t have taken the time to listen, critique, and share what they knew.
2. Loving me for who I am and not what they thought I should be.
3. Sharing their room during conventions with me to save me money on big hotel bills.
4. Investing in my future.
5. Giving me the opportunity to do what it is I love to do.
6. Asking me what is important to me.
7. Being a friend.
8. Inviting me to events I could not afford to attend.
9. Being a loving father.
10. Being a loving mother.
11. Correcting my English.
12. Smiling at me.
13. Being a mentor
14. Sharing their personal lives with me.
15. Believing in me.
16. Being tough on me when I needed it.
17. Giving me opportunity.
18. Calling me to say thank you.
19. Laughing with me.
20. Holding me in their arms.
21. Doing my taxes.
22. Throwing washers with me.
23. Playing pool with me.
24. Watching hockey games with me.
25. Asking me to play golf.
26. Giving me testimonials.
27. Asking me to be on committees.
28. Telling others about my work.
29. Inviting me to special events.
30. Wishing me luck.
31. Understanding me for who I am.
32. Sharing the stage with me.
33. Covering for me when I was out of town.
34. Watching movies with me.
35. Showing me what is possible.
36. Telling me which organizations to belong to.
37. Referring me to other people for work.
38. Saying hi.
39. Publishing my articles
40. Smiling at me.
41. Producing movies with me.
42. Inviting me into their home.
43. Telling me who I should stay away from.
44. Trying to set me up with their daughter.
45. Letting me serve you by answering your questions over the phone.
46. Collaborating on some new ideas with me.
47. Graduating in the Leadership Academy with me.
48. Assigning me responsibilities.
49. Trusting my gut feeling.
50. Supporting my radical views.
51. Going into business with me.
52. Financing my endeavors
53. Celebrating the holidays with me.
54. Teaching me technology.
55. Teaching me how to teach.
56. Sharing a cab with me to the airport.
57. Editing my work.
58. Sharing your life with me.
59. Giving me your undivided attention.
60. Being patient with me.