I tell people that blogs are like websites on steroids but wait, it gets better. Web 3.0 is about ready to transform the real estate industry. There are no specific companies that say I practice Web 3.0 because the term is more of an idea than a reality. As ideas among the techno elite spend money on research and development we should begin to be open to new paradigms that will change the way we eat, sleep, and work together creatively in purely open environment.
I don’t claim to be an expert on web 3.0. It doesn’t even exist. But what I can share with you is some ideas that I see coming within the next two years. Let’s make this a prediction that we will revisit in January 2011 and you can tell me if I was right or wrong.
- Video tours on phones. Quickly type in an address into your phone and see the entire home while sitting in your car staring at the front lawn. The video will be fast, high detailed, and have sales prices and market statistics to tell you what the home will end up selling for. The key role in selecting an agent will be negotiation skills.
- Data mine of people from phone. Quickly type in a person’s name in a phone application and see all of the websites they appear on, videos, and internet behavior. This will quickly reveal the transparency of the individuals’ behaviors to where integrity will either exist or not.
- See your agent live through your phone. Video conference with your agent streaming live from one phone to the next. At the same time use the instant messaging feature to share websites or words to communicate the message.
- Video based bookstores. Instead of buying a book watch the book read to you from your computer. The words and pages will be displayed onto a computer screen while someone flips the pages and reads the book to you.
- 3 dimensional computer monitors. Flat screens will now become voice and movement based box screens. Pick your favorite computer programs and move your hand holding a gadget to select items instead of your hand. This will replace clicking and the typing that we are accustomed to today.
Watch this video from industry experts about the evolution of the web.
Sit back and let your mind start to imagine all the possibilities that enable us as human beings to communicate faster, smarter, and easier. The information flow will quickly become a state of mind. As you think it will be so.
As some of you may think I am highly medicated or been smoking the green I have not. I am however open to the new possibilities of life and the technology that will take us into a whole new world.