- Prospecting for new business
- Writing contracts
- Negotiating inspections
- Showing property
Social media marketing can be considered productive for a team leader, top producing sales agent, or broker manager as long as it is clear which tasks are worth the time to participate based on how much they are worth per hour. Social networking sites like Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter can be used an effective prospecting tools to reconnect with clients, find new business, and those who can refer you business. Video editing, uploading content, and profile optimization are some tasks that can easily be assigned to a marketing assistant, intern, or high school student that is paid a fraction of how much you are worth per hour.
Know the Why and Delegate the How
I see so many real estate professionals spending time trying to figure out every last detail on how to make their Facebook page standout, blog syndicated to other sites, and how to edit videos when each they should be face to face with people who can hire them. Instead my opinion is lead agents should know “why” they are embracing social media, which sites they should use, the software/hardware needed, and how it applies to their business model. Then find someone, the “how”, to help them implement the strategy.
- Local colleges
- High schools
- Virtual assistants
The best thing I did in 2009 was I found my “how” on Craigslist. I posted a job with the subject line “Computer Savvy Administrative Assistant”. Then I included the job description based on the strengths and skills sets that I knew were important to participate in social media marketing. This way I could focus attention on making phone calls, lead generation, and serving current clients’ needs.
Use this to copy and paste into a Craigslist ad.
The Job Description
Employee will be responsible for setting up social media profiles as outlined by the association social media plan of action. In addition to setting up the profiles, employee will be responsible for keeping a strict record of all profiles created and the appropriate passwords, URLs, RSS feeds, and other profile specific information.
It is more important to have basic computer skill sets, social media experience, and a willingness to learn new things than to have an advanced degree in web design or computer programming.
Employee will need to be familiar with Photoshop, Illustrator, Audacity, The Microsoft Office Suite, blogging, setting up and maintaining social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube at minimum), video editing, and audio editing.
Skills requested located below:
Web Design Skills – WordPress
Understand the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, and PHP.
- It is not necessary to know how to build a website from scratch however a basic understanding of the structure of these languages is required for customizing pre-made templates into the perfect solution for the association.
- Everything that needs to be done in ‘code’ can be looked up using Google, as there are thousands of amateur wordpress users that run into the same issues that you will.
Video Editing Skills
- Minimum software: Camtasia, iMovie/MovieMaker
- Preferred software: Final Cut Pro, Flash
- Understanding of file formats, compression, and the proper way to submit a video to YouTube
- Ability to work with others to help realize their vision when producing new video.
Image editing skills
- Minimum Software: screen capture (Snag-it), Gimp, Ink
- Preferred software: Photoshop, Illustrator
- Understanding of which file formats to use for different situations (.jpeg for photos, .gif or .png for graphics and logos).
- Understanding of pixels, and the difference between pixels, points, and inches.
- Awareness of working with a grid.
Software: Audacity, a free yet highly functional audio editing program
Locate royalty free music specific to the message being distributed
Familiarity with basic typographic conventions with focus on the web. All blog posts must be checked for proper <p>,<h1>,<h2>, etc tags.
Knowledge of various forms of social media and an understanding of how each can be used in a business setting.
- Twitter language, tools, tracking, and listening posts.
- Facebook profiles, fan pages, photo/video uploads, tags, lists, and other Facebook applications.
- YouTube videos, playlists, custom video players, embed code and profile optimization.
- SlidesShare presentations, Presentation packs, and embed code.
- Flickr photos, sets, and photo sharing.
If you actively participate in any of the social media sites above please include a link to each profile in your application so we can review your past work experience.
Please supply at least 3 references of your past employers including name, telephone, and email.
It is important that the applicant has a desire to learn, expand on their current skill sets, and open to new ideas regularly. Creativity, passion, and trust are essential to this position. Please submit your resume to Resume@YourBusiness.com and those who express the desire to make a difference in other peoples’ lives will be considered.
End of Job Posting
Access this same blog post in a Google Doc so you can copy and paste the job ad into your Craiglist ad.