I depend on Skype for many things.
- Quickly talk to contacts on computer
- Share instant messages without cell phone
- Share my screen to demonstrate technology concepts
- Make videos for YouTube
- The list goes on.
We partnered with the National Association of REALTORS Global Alliances group back in February to deliver a webinar for the President’s Liaisons explaining many ways to use Skype effectively. Skype is the #1 communication tool overseas and has many features that go unused because people do not know they exist and haven’t taken the time to learn them.
The PowerPoint presentation is provided below.
By watching the video below:
- You will be able to communicate online in a whole new way.
- Provide value to your partnering association.
- Deliver video recaps of your conversations with your target audience.
Here is a 30 minute snippet of the webinar.
One of the best comments someone had made during the Q&A was that when working with a country outside the US buy a Skype number with beginning the international prefix number. In other words you are buying a local number inside the foreign country so they can call a local number that redirects to your Skype profile or other phone number selected.
What was the best thing you learned?