Every email sent out on your behalf can be considered a marketing piece…
that contains your name, company name, website, and other contact information.
There are several types of email software that real estate agents use:
- Microsoft Outlook – most common
The software you use dictates how you can change your email signature, what to include (pictures, hyperlinks, etc.) and how it will display in the recipients inbox.
Here are two ways my appears:
Sent from Microsoft Outlook
- Pictures as icons
- Pictures may be seen as spam
- Pictures may be included as individual attachments
Sent from Gmail
- No pictures or attachments included
- All links are listed to identify each content sharing site
- May include visuals of last link displayed
- Longer and takes up too much space
Which one you do you like best?
It will be up to you to decide which format you want to use, which links, if you will use pictures as links, etc.
Instead of reinventing the wheel or trying to find or create the little icons download this Microsoft Word document to switch my information with yours for your R & D (ripoff and duplicate).
Follow these steps to change your email signature in Microsoft Outlook.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Choose the Tools menu at the top of the screen.
- Choose the Options from the menu.
- Choose the Mail Format tab.
- Choose the Signatures button.
- Choose New Signature.
- Name the signature Social Media Signature.
- Copy the email signature posted above to the clipboard.
- Paste the email signature into the window.
10. Make the Social Media Signature the default email signature.
11. Choose OK.
You may have multiple email signatures stored in Microsoft Outlook. Upon creating a new email message to send out to an individual right click on the email signature and choose the name of the email signature you wish to use.