My limited experience in working with associations has provoked me to ask staff some of the problems they face with technology.
Here are the top ten…
- The time that it takes to find important attachment someone sent them two weeks ago.
- Members want to help create documents and can only share them by emailing to everyone.
- The amount of paper that is wasted by printed documents that need to be changed in the future.
- Members miss new events to the because the email servers are not working correctly.
- The time that it takes to open up multiple programs to produce one and share one document.
- The number of emails addresses of members that do not work.
- Controlling who can make see online documents and who can edit documents
- Everyone haves a different version of Microsoft Office.
- Keeping information current that all members have access to on a regular basis.
- Entering information on multiple emails and websites.